Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NaNoWriMo


Now we're rolling! I'm going to add my Word Count Total in my next post!

So what is my nano novel about? Well, it was supposed to be a novel about a 30 yo woman who has a brush with death, goes back to her life with a "mission" from angelic beings that she met while unconscious at the hospital.

But then it had sort a Tightrope Walker feel with a supernatural type of twist...but I really wanted to write a CS Lewis-type fantasy. So I added in some dream sequences of an alternate reality...

The next thing I knew the alternate reality was just as much fun, if not more, to write about, and will help explain Part Two of the novel! Weird how it just took off like that.

So, I have to say it's a Christian fantasy-style book, but with little "insights" and treasures, that will be appealing, not at all preachy.

I'll have two or three "send-ups" to--I already have a tribute (like a cameo appearance) to a character from Narnia...I need another from Star Trek, natch, but hopefully it will be very, very subtle....and from M*A*S*H.

She is in the hospital of course. So something funny has to happen...

If all this sounds confusing, JUST REMEMBER: It IS!

The whole point of nanowri mo is to get past WRITER"S BLOCK, which I have suffered from...forever...since my 3rd grade English teacher became my inner critic. She said "you have to know how the story ends right from the beginning" and that was when my story of a girl discovering a treasure box ended...Coz of course at that point I didn't know how it would end!!!

Anyway, enough procrastinating...time to take a quick break, roll up my sleeves and do a 30 min sprint!

Oh, which means I need to study today too. Back to work tomorrow. *sigh*

OOPS, will post my widget too! Wow that was easy!



Later!!



No comments: